Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To new perspectives

There is a strange sensation going on in my existence right now ... A shift in the tectonic plates of my very small world of existence ... And for once I am not afraid. For once I am truly excited. It's a late blooming of this thing they call growing up, I'm aware of it ... And at first I was angry at the implications that until now, I have not in fact grown up, but perhaps it is correct. I am re-establishing myself and my perspectives, my priorities and discovering what it truly means (to be a D.E.B) to put things in to perspective. I guess the only thing that worries me, in finding this better perspective, is that I might lose some of the aspects of this younger, childish self that I have truly come to love. Perhaps that's all simply part of the journey ... Deciding which things to keep and which to let go of, in order to truly be able to embrace this new most exciting chapter of my existence. To let go the old hurts, and the old extremely unhealthy needs and believe in myself alone! I'm sure there will be days I still crumble, but I am working on making myself strong enough and prepared enough to deal with them. Neen.C

No comments:

Post a Comment