Sunday, December 23, 2012

Snow, snow, snow

I have had a truly amazing day. Just stayed home and had my christmas cooking day. Started the day slowly and at my own pace. Me, Frankie and Tash have chatted and chilled as I've cooked.


I made rum balls (for us grown ups) and some chocolate balls (for the kiddies) I also made the Oreo Cheesecake Frankie and I had for our first ceremony with her dad, but made it as 22 cupcakes.

While I cooked, going back and forth from the kitchen to the living room as we chatted and watched this and that, I discovered that I have yet to watch my every year christmas movie. It turned out Tash had never watched it or even heard of it. I have now changed this! :-)


I love Bing Crosby, and all the old movies I was brought up on. I know, they are anything but politically correct, and they are slow and odd, but I love them today as I did way back then. We then watched Calamity Jane, my all time favourite Doris Day movie. Frankie is sitting on the couch now, watching The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for the very first time. 

It's been such a small and yet large day. A reminder of how much I love to cook and bake for my friends and family, how much I love the small things.



No comments:

Post a Comment