Monday, June 10, 2013

Anniversary

Today is mine and Frankie's wedding anniversary. To most it might seem to be our first but in the reality of our lives it was in fact our second wedding anniversary. 

Two years ago we were asked by Frankie's father to move our wedding forward so that he could see his only child be married. It was a request neither of us hesitated to grant. 

We had a little over a week to organise an extremely small ceremony with half a dozen family on the balcony of the Ipswich hospital. I will never regret our decision to move the wedding forward for John. A year later, exactly, we had another wedding ceremony and reception for all of our friends and family. 

Today we celebrated our second anniversary. I love Frankie with all of my heart. The best of me is alive when we are together. I have thought today about all that we have come up against, worked through and survived. We are stronger for every challenge and I will fight to never take our marriage or our love for granted. 

There are huge changes on the horizon of our lives and marriage. And while some of these give me moments of terror, they also fill me with such hope and excitement. 

Things are changing and I'm working on this fear of change. 

NC

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy for you, sweetheart! You and Frankie deserve all the happiness that comes your way xoxo

    ReplyDelete