Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Giants

They stumble from out of history
Life and fantasy
I feel my knees trembling beneath 
My inferiority complex

They are giants, fearsome and distant
As sirens they call and beckon with smirks 
I slink beneath unknown fears and horrors
But they continue, closer to my nightmares

Eyes penetrate me, pleasure and pain 
warped into crescendo 
I want to scream but cannot without voice
Their eyes glisten and I sink under their weight

A silence, heavy and thick like too many blankets
On a steaming night of restlessness

Gentle, too gentle and soft the point 
Of their touch, beneath my lowered chin
I give in and my head rises, flickering my eyes
They betray me and my desire to hide, to run, to not exist

It must be a trick, of light of deception
Until I feel the warmth from their enfolding arms
My giants; my protectors, 
cursed for too long by my own judgemental fear

My giants

No comments:

Post a Comment